Monday - Memcache - A big hit with a lot of interest.
Tuesday: Top Highlights
Mårten and Jonathan's keynotes.
New features in InnoDB - Ken Jacobs showed a number of new features in the new alpha release of InnoDB that really stood out. It's a plug in that needs to be installed in a 5.1.23 or greater release of MySQL. Rebuilding of indexes and performance enhancements definitely will make it worthwhile to look at these features in more detail.
- Fast index creation without copying data.
- Data compression.
- New INFORMATION_SCHMEMA objects for compression and locking.
- New row format to support long BLOB, TEXT and VARCHAR columns out of line.
- TRUNCATE TABLE recreates the .ibd file.
- More dynamic features with innodb_file_per_table.
- INNODB strict mode.
The competition between InnoDB, Falcon and Maria has definitely stepped up. This competition will be a big win for the user community.